Roundabout understands the financial demands of living and working in New York City, and believes that everyone should have an equal opportunity to succeed in the program.
Roundabout Theatre Company’s career development program strives to support young professionals from historically underrepresented communities through the first steps of their theatre administration careers.
The Cost of Living Scholarship was created to help offset the cost of housing and transportation. The scholarship is available to all summer internship and season-long apprenticeship applicants.
The Cost of Living Scholarship application must be completed in addition to the standard internship and apprenticeship applications. Scholarship application materials are confidential and will not be used to make hiring decisions.
Please take note of the following application instructions:
- Complete the application form below.
- Be sure to email the relevant financial material to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have attended college within the last year, please email your most recent FAFSA Student Aid Report.
- If you have been out of college more than one calendar year, please email your most recent IRS 1040 Individual Income Tax Return.
Summer interns are paid an hourly rate of $15. Scholarship recipients will also receive a $3,000 award to be paid out in two installments over the summer.
- $2,000 will be awarded one month prior to the start of the internship.
- $1,000 will be awarded at the completion of the second month of the program.
Season-long apprentices are paid an hourly rate of $15. Scholarship recipients will also receive a $6,000 award to be paid out over three installments throughout the year.
- $3,000 will be awarded one month prior to the start of the apprenticeship.
- $1,500 will be awarded at the completion of the third month of the program.
- $1,500 will be awarded at the completion of the sixth month of the program.
The Cost of Living Scholarship for the 2022-23 season is closed. Please email email@example.com with questions.