Up to ten (10) Standby tickets will be made available for purchase the day of the performance at the box office at the Harold and Miriam Steinberg Center for Theatre beginning when the box office opens (12 pm). Purchasers of Standby tickets will be seated at curtain in designated locations as determined by House Management. Parties in the Standby line who have purchased Standby tickets but are not seated will be eligible for a full refund (additional terms and conditions apply).
- There is a maximum purchase of one (1) Standby space per person.
- Purchase of a standby ticket does not guarantee a seat for the performance.
- All Standby purchasers must be in the Standby line in the designated area of the Underground theatre lobby ten (10) minutes prior to the curtain time printed on your ticket and will be seated based on purchase order—as determined by the number indicated on your ticket. If seating is available, you will be seated at curtain time in designated locations by House Management.
- We cannot guarantee that Standby purchasers will be seated together and no refunds will be offered in this situation.
- Standby purchasers who are not in the Standby line when the seating process is started will forfeit their purchase order number and be moved to the end of the line. If this occurs and seating is not available, you will be eligible for a refund.
- Standby purchasers not in the Standby line at curtain time will not be eligible for a refund regardless of seating availability.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made if an accessible location is required; however, there is no guarantee of seating with the purchase of a Standby space. Please alert the box office at the time of your purchase if you have any accessibility needs.
- Standby purchasers on premises in the theatre lobby at curtain time are eligible for a full refund if seats are not available. No refunds will be issued in any other circumstances.
- Sales of Standby tickets will be cut off at fifteen (15) minutes before curtain. Management reserves the right to cut off sales at an earlier time without notice.
Contact our Audience Services team with any questions. We are available by phone at 212.719.1300 or AudienceServices@roundabouttheatre.org.