Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks an experienced theatre professional to join our finance department as the Accounts Payable Associate.
The Accounts Payable Associate will work closely with the entire finance department, overseeing the flow of all Accounts Payable processes. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized, thrive with both independent and collaborative projects, be a critical thinker and be able to stick to weekly and monthly timelines. This is a permanent full-time position in our midtown office which offers a regular weekday work schedule.
This is some of what the Accounts Payable Associate will do:
- Monitor and route incoming invoices, ensure proper approvals and documentation, and process invoices.
- Cut checks, create ACH files and make online payments.
- Serve as Roundabout’s primary AP contact, maintain relationships with vendors.
- Maintain AP files as needed, including but not limited to merging records, creating new records, updating addresses, banking info and contact info in addition to working with the Archivist to transport records as needed.
- Keep track of the rent schedule for all locations and theatres.
- Audit credit card receipts and contact departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Perform digital Bank Reconciliation, creating entries for cash accounts and reconciling manual checks.
- Aid in the maintenance of stale checks.
- Order checks & check printer toner.
- Oversee online accounts including but not limited to: Postage accounts, Office supply accounts, credit lines with local vendors, etc.
- Participate and aid in the annual audit as needed: providing AP selections, fielding processes questions, etc.
- Coordinate petty cash processes, including creation, tracking, and filing of advance agreements, working with Staff Accountant to make sure advances are reconciled and closed out properly.
This is some of what the Accounts Payable Associate should bring:
- 2-3 years of Finance or Finance/Accounting adjacent experience either through the pursuit of a degree or comparable experience.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and accounts payable.
- Knowledge of accounting software, experience with Financial Edge preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and basic formulas, other Microsoft office skills and/or SharePoint experience a plus.
- High degree of accuracy, excellent attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Ability to stay organized both in physical and digital spaces.
The salary range for this role is $48,000-$52,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package offered.
Please forward a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org – and use code APA-0921 in the subject line. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process please indicate in your email. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.Take Survey
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Read about Roundabout’s social justice process HERE.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.