Roundabout Theatre Company, the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatre, seeks an Administrative Assistant in Board and Government Relations. This position reports to the Board and Government Relations Manager and calls for an individual to provide strong administrative support to execute overall activities of this three-person department—the Office of the Executive Director.
This is some of what the Administrative Assistant may do:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and Board and Government Relations Manager, including scheduling, phone & email coverage, and authoring correspondence on their behalf.
- Execute various institutional, government, and public relations projects at the direction of the Executive Director and Board and Government Relations Manager, including research and analysis of company and industry trends.
- Update and maintain all files on the Shared Drive/Outlook and Tessitura as it pertains to the Board of Directors and Government Relations.
- Implement all Board-related tasks, such as scheduling and preparations for Board & Committee meetings/special events, deploying the Board Briefing, tracking attendance, completion of annual Board assessments, maintaining the Board Handbook, drafting correspondence, attending some meetings and composing minutes, among other duties as requested.
- Assist the Board and Government Relations Manager as needed in Roundabout’s annual government agency granting, such as applications and reporting.
- Track pro-bono firms and to support audit and other financial documentation.
- Conduct research as needed on prospective major donors, Board Members, and NYC government officials.
- Track the budget for the Office of the Executive Director; reconcile AMEX expenses and submit monthly reimbursement requests on behalf of the Executive Director and Board and Government Relations Manager.
- Assist as needed in Special Event operations, such as on-site support and attendance at Roundabout events, including the annual Spring Gala, Opening Nights and other fundraising events and benefits.
- Assist on other special projects as assigned, including Roundabout’s annual impact webpage.
This is some of what the Administrative Assistant should bring:
One year of proven success in an administrative position, ideally in an executive assistant role, is preferred. This candidate must have strong communication, organizational, and computer skills (including MS Office and Adobe). To be successful, the candidate must also be highly detailed-oriented, self-motivated, and an adaptable team player, with strong writing skills and an aptitude toward customer service. An interest in NYC theatre, nonprofit operations, and experience with Tessitura or another similar CRM are pluses.
The salary for this position is $42,000 annually plus any overtime. Competitive benefits package offered.
Please forward a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to: email@example.com – and use code AED0921 in the subject line. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process please indicate in your email. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.Take Survey
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Read about Roundabout’s social justice process HERE.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.