Roundabout Theatre Company, the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatre company, seeks a Board and Government Relations Assistant. This position reports to the Board and Government Relations Manager and calls for an individual to provide strong administrative support for the Executive Director and work with the Board and Government Relations Manager to support the execution of overall Board and Government strategy. This candidate must have strong writing skills and be highly detail-oriented, an organized self-starter, as well as an adaptable team player. An interest in NYC theatre, nonprofit operations, and/or government relations a plus. Experience with Tessitura, or another similar platform, preferred. At least 1 year of administrative and/or Development experience required.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director including scheduling, phone & email coverage, and authoring correspondence on her behalf.
- Execute various institutional, government and public relations projects at the direction of the Executive Director, including research and analysis of company and industry trends.
- Update and maintain files on the Shared Drive/Outlook and Tessitura as it pertains to the Board of Directors and government relations.
- Support the Board and Government Relations Manager in Board-related tasks, such as scheduling and preparations for Board & Committee meetings/special events, tracking attendance, completion of annual Board assessments, maintaining the Board Handbook, drafting correspondence, etc.
- Support the Board and Government Relations Manager as needed in Roundabout’s annual government agency granting, such as applications and reporting.
- Follow up with pro-bono firms and work with Corporate Relations to track those contributions.
- Provide research as needed on prospective major donors, Board Members, and NYC government officials.
- Track the budget for the Office of the Executive Director; reconcile AMEX expenses and submit monthly reimbursement requests on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Assist as needed in Development operations, such as on-site support at Roundabout events, including the annual Spring Gala, Opening Nights and various fundraising events and benefits
- Collaborating on other special projects as assigned, including Roundabout’s annual impact webpage.
Bachelor’s degree preferred and at least 1 administrative/office experience with development database operations at a not-for-profit organization is required. Experience with Tessitura is a major plus. Excellent administrative, communication, organizational and computer skills (including MS Office) are also required.
Please forward a cover letter with salary requirement and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org – and use code BG-0120 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.Take the Survey
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.
Mission: Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present, and educating minds for the future.