Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks an energetic and personable individual to join the company as a non-union, full-time Box Office Representative at their Off-Broadway venue, The Miriam and Harold Steinberg Center for Theatre. The Box Office Representative will report to the Box Office Manager and have responsibility for supporting smooth and efficient box office operations, including providing excellent customer service to Roundabout Theatre Company subscribers and single ticket buyers while ensuring efficient front-of-house traffic flow and timely curtains.
This is some of what the Box Office Representative will do:
- Handle all full-price, discount and promotional walk-up ticket sales and inquiries at box offices.
- Handle all walk-up subscriber ticket exchanges and inquiries at box offices.
- Process all mailed subscriber ticket exchanges. Follow up on “unfillable” exchange requests. Arrange mail out of exchange tickets or appropriate customer notification of new ticket date (phone call, letter, etc.)
- Create and maintain patron accounts in Tessitura software.
- Put up curtains (distribute will call tickets, validate tickets, address upgrade requests, house staff inquiries, advance sales as appropriate, general customer service) ensuring positive customer experiences and on-time house turnover.
- Process house seat orders at discretion of Box Office management.
- Answer calls and inquiries from Roundabout Theatre Company call center staff.
- Make outgoing customer services calls to patrons for cancelled performances and exchange follow-up.
- Assist Box Office management with various special projects.
- Maintain and balance daily user drawer (including pre and post-shift cash counts and sign-offs).
- Maintain box office files (ticket racks, exchange forms, etc.)
- Keep a clean and organized box office.
This is some of what the Box Office Representative should bring:
The ideal candidate will have prior Roundabout Theatre Company call center, box office or other related customer service experience (call center, retail, restaurant, etc.).
Additionally, the well qualified candidate will possess:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A confident, personable, and collaborative spirit.
- Attention to detail, excelling in organizing and prioritizing competing tasks.
- Experience as an intermediate/advanced user of Tessitura (preferred) or comparable CRM application.
- A high level of interest in/knowledge of the performing arts.
- Punctuality and reliability.
The schedule for this position is Saturday through Wednesday. It also requires the flexibility to work evening, weekend, and holiday shifts as needed.
The starting salary is $17.50 per hour.
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word format with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com – and use code BOR0422 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Read about Roundabout’s social justice process HERE.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.