Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks an energetic, personable individual to join the company as a staff Company Manager for the upcoming 2019-2020 season. This position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of all personnel connected to the assigned productions. The ideal candidate will be reliable with a collaborative spirit. This person is open to taking on new tasks and challenges and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Weekly payroll for all union/nonunion employees of current production(s) excluding front of house staff
- Processing of invoices for accounts payable
- Budget tracking
- Primary and immediate representative of Artistic Director and General Manager to cast, crew, musicians and creative team. Liaison between departments in Roundabout such as Development, Marketing Education and Show personnel (including actors, design teams, stage management) and the press office.
- Arrange and organize all travel and housing for out of town artists
- Arrange all ground transportation for celebrity artists and out of town actors and press events
- Manage production house seats and Tony Voter seats & reservations.
- Help to facilitate press photo shoots, publicity events and B-roll shoots
- Work with press office to organize and provide all pertinent production information primarily for Playbill printing, including weekly proofing of Playbill for corrections/revisions
- Help facilitate budget for cast album recording and cast performances on television when applicable
- Scheduling and executing all Opening Night events with Artistic and Development personnel
- Box Office liaison – assists in determining ticketing options
- Assist General Manager with contract preparations
- Confidence and ability to work and make decisions independently
- Ability to respond promptly to the needs of staff and crew while upholding the organization’s values
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and ability to adapt to changes in a fast-paced work environment
- Mastery of Excel and Word programs a must
- A Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience in a company management or similar role preferred.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work weekend, evening and holiday hours a must. This position requires a six- day work week.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and resume, with salary requirements, in PDF or Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org – and use code: CM-0619 in your subject line.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.
Mission: Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present, and educating minds for the future.