Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks an energetic, personable individual to join the company’s Development team as Corporate Relations Manager. The position reports to the Senior Director of Special Events and Corporate Relations and is part of a team that is responsible for raising $20 million annually. The primary role of this position will be to successfully cultivate, solicit, and steward annual corporate membership gifts (Corporate Club), corporate philanthropy grants, and solicitations of large-scale sponsorships from local and national businesses
This is some of what the Corporate Relations Manager will do:
- Cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of all corporate donors and corporate sponsors.
- Raising $500,000 annually from Corporate Club members and corporate foundation donors; and $500,000 annually from corporate sponsorships.
- Managing strategy and timeline to engage current and prospective corporate partners.
- Budgeting for all corporate contributions and maintaining financial projection.
- Acting as the primary relationship manager for corporate donors, guiding correspondence, meetings and follow-up.
- Crafting innovative and compelling sponsorship decks and proposals.
- Conducting research on corporate prospects and maintaining knowledge of corporate partnerships being formed at similar cultural organizations.
- Monitoring and ensuring benefit fulfillment for all contracts.
- Managing all communications to corporate donors and their designated representatives.
- Identifying new funding/sponsorship opportunities and developing materials to market them.
- Working with Marketing department to strategize innovative marketing/branding opportunities for corporate partners.
- Providing strategic oversight to events team and venue rental manager for corporate donor cultivation events and events hosted by corporate partners in Roundabout venue.
- Participating in Development events such as opening nights, patron events, Gala, etc.
- Ad hoc projects and support as necessary.
This is some of what the Corporate Relations Manager should bring:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in corporate gift/sponsorship development required, preferably in the performing arts field, though agency/sales experience will also be considered.
- Strong computer skills.
- Knowledge of Tessitura or related CMS database preferred.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of cultivating and closing corporate deals/sponsorships as well as the desire and ability to work independently to own and grow the corporate sponsorship function within the department. Advancement in this role will be directly related to success in cultivating and securing corporate donations.
In addition to the having the necessary technical skills, the right candidate will demonstrate strong initiative and creative thinking – looking for and taking advantage of opportunities through independent actions; leadership – able to inspire respect and trust, and mobilize resources; business acumen – able to understand our business and identify competitors; strategic thinking – developing practical strategies for achieving outlined goals; adaptability – able to manage competing demands or shifts in priorities as well as adjust approach or method to best fit the situation.
The salary range for the role is $59,000-$63,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package offered. Some evenings and weekend work required.
Please forward cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org – and use code CRM921 in the subject line. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, please indicate in your email. No phone calls, please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.Take Survey
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Read about Roundabout’s social justice process HERE.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.