Roundabout Theatre Company, the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatre company, seeks a talented and personable individual with an interest in theatrical marketing to join the company as Digital Associate.
The Digital Associate is responsible for creating and publishing content for Roundabout’s social channels and for providing support to the internal digital team, assisting with the creation of content for emails, website updates, and more.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Create content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Maintain social calendar
- Social listening and community engagement
- Reporting using Sprout Social
- Collaborating with outside agencies on paid social campaigns
- Editing content for Roundabout’s blog
- Capture content at marketing events
- Email asset creation as needed
- Creating and maintaining webpages and content
- Additional duties as assigned by Associate Director, Digital
Required skills and characteristics:
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Supreme time management skills
- Ability to multitask while preserving attention to detail
- Experience managing social channels
- Experience with web CMS
- Interest in theatre and in theatre administration
- Interest in marketing
- Graphic design experience/education
- Video editing experience a plus
- Photography experience a plus
This is a full-time position with all standard Roundabout benefits. The salary is $50,000 annually plus any overtime for hours worked over 40 in a workweek.
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word format with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com – and use code DAS-0622 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Roundabout has created a five-year strategic plan to evaluate and evolve how we address Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism in our work, workplaces, and our community. Conceived by a team of 29 staff members in collaboration with the Board EDI Committee following a company-wide assessment in October 2019, the plan was launched in September 2021. Learn more here.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.