Roundabout Theatre Company, the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatre company, seeks a personable individual with excellent communication and managerial skills to join the company’s Development team as Director of Individual Giving. The position reports to the Director of Development and is part of a team that is responsible for raising $8 million annually as part of a total $18 million goal.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors to achieve all income goals for the individual giving line.
- Directly manage a portfolio of major donors and prospects, with a personal focus on major multi-year commitments.
- Lead and train a multidisciplinary team of 4 frontline fundraisers and 2 development operations staff responsible for data operations and gift processing.
- Build long term strategy and troubleshoot major donor pipelines for all frontline fundraisers on the Individual Giving team.
- Problem solve in a fast-paced development office to ensure seamless experiences across all platforms for donors in each of Roundabout’s membership circles.
- Provide guidance on annual fund campaign strategy through direct mail, telefundraising, and digital fundraising.
- Develop new strategies to enhance and improve the donor experience at Roundabout by testing new fundraising techniques, partnering with marketing team to streamline communications and ensure brand cohesiveness.
- Build comprehensive strategy for increasing support through Roundabout’s giving circle programs.
- Oversee a multi-year planned giving campaign from the planning stage through launch across direct mail, telefundraising, special events and in-person solicitations.
- Work with Special Events team to plan donor events and build strategic invite lists.
- Develop and monitor a six-figure expense budget and multi-million dollar revenue line.
- Manage the Leadership Council advisory board, and provide support to the Development Committee and Board of Directors in their fundraising efforts.
- Liaise with Marketing, Audience Services, IT, and other departments on various projects that intersect with development fundraising and operations
- Work with Communications team to ensure overall donor messaging is comprehensive for all donors across marketing materials, acquisition messaging, and annual renewals.
Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years’ experience of major gift solicitation and staff management required. The ideal candidate will have experience with Tessitura. Excellent communication and computer skills also required. The Director of Individual Giving must be a strategic, highly motivated, creative development professional who is charismatic and a strong leader. A genuine passion for theatre is a plus.
Please forward cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com – and use code DIG119 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.Mission: Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present, and educating minds for the future.