Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks an Email Associate who will be responsible for creating and deploying emails to increase awareness, revenue, and engagement with company productions, special events, and activities. The position reports to the Associate Director of Digital Marketing, and will work closely with members of the Marketing, Audience Services, Development, and Education staff.
This is some of what the Email Associate will do:
- Oversee and maintain institutional monthly email calendar
- Create and deploy 200+ emails per month
- In conjunction with Associate Director of Digital Marketing, develop ongoing strategies to test, learn and leverage customer data, segmentation and loyalty.
- Implement additional data segmentation opportunities in direct response strategy.
- Produce, develop and evaluate email campaigns in conjunction with the Marketing, Audience Services, Development, and Education departments
- Remain up to date with advancements in digital and technology, with a focus on engagement, customization, and analysis
- Provide support at marketing and special events
This is some of what the Email Associate should bring:
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in digital or direct marketing for a company or institution
- Exceptional communication and organizational abilities, with a keen ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Photoshop and/or graphic design skills; basic HTML knowledge a plus
- Experience with Tessitura or comparable application
- Experience with WordFly or comparable email tool
- Theatre knowledge and appreciation
- Passion for emerging technologies and digital platforms
This is a full-time position with all standard Roundabout benefits. The salary for the role is $50,000 annually plus any overtime for hours worked over 40 in a workweek.
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word format and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and use code EMA-0923 in the subject line. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, please indicate in your email. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Roundabout has created a five-year strategic plan to evaluate and evolve how we address Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism in our work, workplaces, and our community. Conceived by a team of 29 staff members in collaboration with the Board EDI Committee following a company-wide assessment in October 2019, the plan was launched in September 2021. Learn more here.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.