Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks an experienced and skilled Facilities Engineer to lead all facility operations at the American Airlines Theatre.
- Oversee and inspect all facility maintenance and operations including fire alarms, HVAC, plumbing, roofing, doors and locks
- Perform preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, and company directives related to building operations
- Maintain energy efficiency and keeps operating costs at a minimum
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and make decisions with an understanding of company policy and procedures
- Purchase necessary equipment and supplies
- Oversee and inspects work performed by outside contractors
- Ability to work under limited supervision, but communicate directly with House Manager about all building issues
- Must be able to work weekends and be on call for emergency situations
- Must be capable of learning and knowing all company properties
- Knowledge and ability to handle maintenance duties as well as oversee and supervise maintenance staff with the help of the House Manager
- 4-5 years of experience in plumbing, electrical and air-conditioning systems required.
- Should be a motivated self-starter and able to work independently.
- NYC FDNY Certificates of Fitness S12 – Citywide Sprinkler Systems; S14 – Standpipe for Multi-zone Systems; S-95 – Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems
- EPA Certified HVAC Technician
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org – and use code FE0318 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our Mission: Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present, and educating minds for the future.