Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks an articulate, personable individual to join the company’s Development team as Foundation and Government Giving Officer. The position reports to the Director of Foundation and Government Giving and is part of a team that is responsible for raising $20 million annually. This position will be part of a collaborative team that focuses on support from foundations and government agencies, and will serve as a senior writer, working on a variety of projects, including education, production support, and programmatic support. The Officer must also collaborate with staff throughout the company and gather program and budget components for proposals and reports.
The Foundation and Government Giving Officer is responsible for the following:
- Write foundation grant proposals, letters of interest, reports and all other communications to institutional donors
- Develop city, state, and federal government proposals and reports
- Maintain an organized grants calendar and coordinate all assets to meet grantor deadlines
- Work with Foundation and Government Giving Team to strategize and research funding opportunities from foundation and government prospects
- Work with business office on budgets and financial reporting as needed
- Manage institutional and programmatic stats for written correspondence
- Support the Foundation and Government Giving Team as the front-line point of contact for existing foundation and government donors and prospects
- Participate in Development events such as opening nights, patron events, Gala, etc.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Two to three years’ experience in nonprofit development required, preferably in the performing arts field. Must possess excellent writing and communication skills and be highly organized. Ability to take direction, act independently, set and maintain priorities, balance demands of multiple tasks, and meet strict deadlines. Attention to detail and ability to take initiative is a must. Strong computer skills also required. Knowledge of Tessitura or related CMS database preferred.
Please forward cover letter and resume in PDF or Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org – and use code FGGO1119 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.