Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks a Graphic Designer who will be responsible for creating institutional materials for our production season as well as for internal programs and events. The position supports the Associate Director of Art and Design, and will work closely with members of the Marketing, Audience Services, Development, and Education staff, as well as Roundabout’s external agencies.
This is some of what the Graphic Designer will do:
- Design flyers, inserts, and marketing collateral for Roundabout initiatives
- Support the design of Roundabout’s subscription campaigns
- Prepare web and promotional images for Roundabout’s shows
- Assist with key art development for Roundabout Underground
- Assist the Associate Director on various projects as needed
This is some of what the Graphic Designer should bring:
- 3-5 years of professional graphic design experience
- Portfolio of graphic design work (in print or online)
- Exceptional communication and organizational abilities, with a keen ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Theatre/entertainment knowledge and appreciation
- Passion for design initiatives, pop culture designs and emerging technologies
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Highly proficient with the Adobe Creative Cloud programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Bridge, Acrobat) with a strong knowledge of AfterEffects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- The salary range for this role is $50,000-$60,000 annually, commensurate with experience.
- Competitive benefits package offered.
- Must be proficient on a MAC computer.
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word format with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com – and use code GD-1221 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Read about Roundabout’s social justice process HERE.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.