Roundabout Theatre Company, the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatre, seeks an enthusiastic, thoughtful individual to join the company’s Human Resources Department as the Human Resources Associate. The position reports to the Director of Human Resources and is an essential part of the overall effectiveness of the Human Resources and Finance team.
This role is crucial in the day-to-day reporting and maintenance of HR and Payroll files. The Human Resources Associate provides administrative support for a range of short- and long-term projects and initiatives, particularly as it relates to our EDI/AR work. This position serves as back up to the Director of Human Resources when needed.
This is some of what the HR Associate might do:
HR and Payroll Duties -
- Process new hires weekly in ADP Workforce Now and other vendors
- Prepare and review new hire and orientation paperwork
- Run background checks on new administrative staff
- Participate in recruiting and interview processes
- Input data into ADP Workforce Now related to employee changes (rehires, promotions, terminations, etc.)
- HR file maintenance: update I9 database, keep employee files current, and organize files to for storage
- Assist in sexual harassment trainings and ensure proper record keeping
- Maintain company-wide staff list for administrative use and Playbill listings
- Support Payroll Manager in the administration of benefits
- Research, collect data, and generate reports for various HR initiatives
Employee Engagement and EDI/AR Support -
- Organize, attend, and participate in staff committee meetings
- Schedule and attend on-going meetings for the Transformation Team (our EDI/AR Committee) and EDI/AR working groups
- Be the HR contact for our Affinity Groups, ensuring all information regarding these groups are up to date
- Publish company birthdays and anniversaries
- Function as staff liaison for TrackStar, the employee performance appraisal system
- Coordinate employee events including All Staff Meeting and Health Fair, and assist in the coordination of other parties and events
- Help create and deploy employee surveys to monitor employee satisfaction
- With Director of HR, create and manage database of stay and exit interviews for analysis of EDI/AR efforts
- With Director of HR, research training and learning opportunities as it relates to EDI/AR or other areas of Employee Engagement
- Assist with other EDI/AR tasks as needed
This is some of what the HR Associate should bring:
- Minimum one-year human resources or administrative experience
- Personable and approachable with the ability to collaborate across departments and with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Computer savvy in Outlook, Excel, and Word. ADP and TrakStar a plus
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A deep commitment to EDI/AR work
Roundabout operates on a hybrid working schedule, requiring this person to work in the office minimum three days a week.
This is a full-time position with all standard Roundabout benefits. The salary range is $48,000 - $52,000 annually plus any overtime for hours worked over 40 in a workweek.
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word format with salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org – and use code HRA-0722 in the subject line. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, please indicate in your email. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future.
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Roundabout has created a five-year strategic plan to evaluate and evolve how we address Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism in our work, workplaces, and our community. Conceived by a team of 29 staff members in collaboration with the Board EDI Committee following a company-wide assessment in October 2019, the plan was launched in September 2021. Learn more HERE.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.