Roundabout Theatre Company, the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatre, seeks a personable and organized administrator to join the company’s Development Department as the Individual Giving Assistant. The position reports to the Associate Director of Individual Giving, providing administrative and operational support to the entire Individual Giving team, which raises $8 million+ annually as part of an overall departmental contributed revenue goal of $18 million.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee copywriting efforts for various online and print publications related to the Chairman’s Circle and Artistic Director’s Circle programs
- Work with designers and printers to update and stock all Individual Giving collateral materials
- Draft Artistic Director’s Circle solicitations and proposals
- Support front-line fundraisers on other major gift solicitation needs, including gift/naming agreements and reports
- Work with Database Assistant and Patron Services Associate to ensure timely Artistic Director’s Circle and Chairman’s Circle gift processing and acknowledgement
- Manage the fulfillment of research and donor briefing requests for individuals
- Analyze customer data to identify and track top prospects, as well as manage assignment of current individual donors and prospects into staff solicitor portfolios
- Create and maintain donor plans in Tessitura database for Individual Giving team and ensure action item follow-through
- Create queries and reports from Tessitura for Individual Giving efforts, including but not limited to weekly, monthly, and annual milestone reporting
- In consultation with the Associate Director of Development Operations, develop and curate lists for solicitations, event invitations, and stewardship communications
- Serve as the Individual Giving team liaison to the Development Operations team and help coordinate department-wide processes and procedures
- Coordinate routine updates and distribution of Playbill
- Route institutional communications for departmental review
- Perform other administrative duties to support the Individual Giving team, as needed
Bachelor’s degree preferred and English studies/writing certifications a plus. Experience in development, particularly in the performing arts field, preferred. Attention to detail and ability to take initiative is a must. Excellent communication and organizational skills also required. Knowledge of Tessitura or related CMS database a plus.
Please forward cover letter with salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and use code IGA0519 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.
Mission: Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present, and educating minds for the future.