Roundabout Theatre Company—one of the nation’s leading not-for-profit cultural institutions—is seeking a Help Desk Analyst who, as a member of the IT team, will provide technical support to end users on a variety of IT issues.
Under direction of the IT Operations Manager and working closely with the other members of the IT team, the Help Desk Analyst will respond to and escalate support requests for Roundabout’s four venues, five theatres, two offices, and multiple ticketing outlets. Additionally, the Help Desk Analyst will work both independently and as part of the IT team on technology projects and IT initiatives that support and help further Roundabout’s mission.
This is some of what the Help Desk Analyst will do:
- Provide technical support in-person, over the phone, and remotely, utilizing the help desk system to track and document issues and their resolution
- Provision, install, troubleshoot, upgrade, and repair hardware (PC desktops and laptops), software, peripheral components (keyboards, mice, etc.), and mobile devices
- Create, manage, and support user accounts and email inboxes
- Install and support network printers and copiers
- Install and support desktop phones and customer telephony needs
- Troubleshoot remote access issues
- Order and maintain stock of IT equipment, supplies, and consumables
- Create and maintain user and technical documentation, including IT knowledgebase and inventories
- Coordinate with outside vendors as required to troubleshoot and solve hardware, software, or network issues
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule
- Perform other duties as assigned
This is what the Help Desk Analyst should bring:
- Customer Focused: Maintains excellent “desk-side manner;” Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Works to understand customer preferences without judgment.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in both individual and group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Initiative: Works effectively and efficiently with little oversight; Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Does not require assignment of tasks but takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Technical Skills: Proactively strives to stay ahead of technical innovation; Actively seeks to improve the end-user’s ability to use the technology effectively and efficiently they have; Seeks out opportunities for using new technologies; Shares expertise with others.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Maintains confidentiality; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- BA/BS technical degree or equivalent training
- 1+ years of Help Desk experience, supporting users at all levels
- Expertise in the following:
- Microsoft 365 Suite (SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- PC and Telecom Hardware Troubleshooting and Support
- Imaging and provisioning PC desktops
- Microsoft Windows OS (10 and beyond)
- Basic understanding of the following:
- Mac OS
- Networking technologies and protocols, such as IP addressing, DNS, DHCP, and remote access (VPN, etc.)
- Experience in the following preferred:
- Active Directory
- Microsoft 365 Admin portal
- Avaya IP Office Server Edition
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Able to regularly travel between multiple office locations in midtown Manhattan.
- Able to work in confined spaces to assist in equipment installation/troubleshooting.
- Available to work a flexible schedule (including before and after hours, and weekends), as required
The ideal candidate will also have an interest in the theatre and experience working in the non-profit arts.
Our support hours are from 9am – 9pm, Monday – Sunday. Please keep in mind all schedules are subject to change, based on support needs. The schedule for this role is as follows.
The first 90 days: 11am – 7pm, Monday – Friday with one remote day a week.
After the 90 days: 11am – 7pm, Tuesday – Saturday with two remote days a week.
This is a full-time position with all standard Roundabout benefits. The salary range is $56,000 - $58,000 annually plus any overtime for hours worked in over 40 in a workweek.
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word format with salary requirements and resume to: email@example.com – and use code HDA-0523 in the subject line. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, please indicate in your email. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on this link to access the survey.
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Roundabout has created a five-year strategic plan to evaluate and evolve how we address Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism in our work, workplaces, and our community. Conceived by a team of 29 staff members in collaboration with the Board EDI Committee following a company-wide assessment in October 2019, the plan was launched in September 2021. Learn more HERE.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.