Roundabout Theatre Company, the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatre company, seeks a talented and personable individual with an interest in theatrical marketing to join the company as Marketing Assistant.
The Marketing Assistant provides administrative support for the Director of Marketing and the marketing department as a whole, helping advance the overall effectiveness of Roundabout’s marketing team. The Marketing Assistant works closely with the Director, liaising and scheduling with various departments and outside agencies. At the behest of the Director, the Marketing Assistant supports a range of short- and long-term projects and initiatives. At the same time, they are responsible for a number of programs, events, and activities requiring them to work independently and with others. The Marketing Assistant is also responsible for the annual hiring, training and management seasonal apprentices and summer interns.
Duties include, but aren’t limited to:
- Provide support for the Director of Marketing:
- Proactively manage Director’s schedule and prepare for meetings as directed
- Work on short- and long-term Marketing initiatives as well as institutional projects
- Liaise with other staff, departments, and agencies on Director’s behalf
- At the Director’s request, provide support in preparing data and presentations for Board meetings
- Field department inquiries and serve as a central point of contact for correspondence and communication
- Assist with events as requested by the Marketing Associate
- Coordinate department activities
- Collaborate with marketing staff on various department activities including promotions, research, events, and more
- Coordinate department calendars, meetings, presentations, functions and other activities
- With the apprentices, generate and organize a range of recurring sales and customer reports
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of various customer surveys
- Monitor and reconcile department budgets and spending
- Assist the Director in spending analysis and budget projection each month
- Accurately code and track department invoices
- Reconcile Director and Associate Director’s credit cards for payment
- Hire, train, and supervise marketing apprentices/interns
- Provide vacation coverage for other positions in the department
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Required Skills and Characteristics
- A personable and collaborative spirit and work ethic
- Attention to detail, organization, prioritization, and deadlines
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with grace
- One to two years of experience managing an Outlook calendar and coding invoices
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Tessitura experience preferred
- Graphic design skills a plus
- Experience marketing in the performing arts or attractions industry a plus
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word format with salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and use code MAS-0120 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.Take the Survey
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.
Mission: Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present, and educating minds for the future.