Roundabout Theatre Company, the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatre company, seeks a talented and personable individual with an interest in theatrical marketing to join the company as Marketing Assistant.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide support for the Director of Marketing:
- Proactively manage Director’s schedule and prepare for meetings as directed
- Work on short- and long-term Marketing initiatives as well as institutional projects
- Liaise with other staff, departments, and agencies on Director’s behalf
- At the Director’s request, provide support in preparing data and presentations for Board meetings
- Field department inquiries and serve as a central point of contact for correspondence and communication
- Assist with events as requested by the Marketing Associate
- Coordinate department activities
- Collaborate with marketing staff on various department activities including promotions, research, events, direct marketing, and more
- Coordinate department calendars, meetings, presentations, functions and other activities
- With the apprentices, generate and organize a range of recurring sales and customer reports
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of various customer surveys
- Monitor and reconcile department budgets and spending
- Assist the Director in spending analysis and budget projection each month
- Accurately code and track department invoices
- Reconcile Director and Associate Director’s credit cards for payment
- Hire, train, and supervise marketing apprentices/interns
- Provide vacation coverage for other positions in the department
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Required Skills and Characteristics:
- A personable and collaborative spirit and work ethic
- Attention to detail, organization, prioritization, and deadlines
- The ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with grace
- One to two years of marketing experience preferably in the performing arts or attractions industry
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Tessitura experience preferred
- Graphic design skills a plus
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word format with salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and use code MA-3019 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future.