Roundabout Theatre Company, one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit theatres, seeks an experienced theatre professional to join our finance department as the Payroll Manager.
The Payroll Manager will work with departments throughout the organization, overseeing the flow of all payroll processes. The ideal candidate will be extremely organized and detailed oriented, thrive with both independent and collaborative projects, be a critical thinker and be able to stick to weekly and monthly timelines. This is a permanent full-time position in our midtown office.
This is some of what the Payroll Manager will do:
- Oversee all payroll operations for weekly and biweekly payrolls
- Supervise the Associate Payroll Manager
- Collect and prepare union payroll
- Process weekly union payroll through ADP Workforce Now
- Setup new hires in ADP Workforce Now
- Audit payroll against source documents, as submitted, including union reports and dues
- Run weekly payroll reports and distribute as needed
- Prepare weekly fee sheets for payment
- Review and assemble union reports for payment
- Organize and manage payroll check distribution
- Facilitate coding of payroll for entry into the financial records
- Perform monthly employee counts
- Maintain current active roster in ADP
- Reconcile quarterly statement of deposit
- Generate accurate and timely W2s and 1095s
- Handle various reporting requests and audits
This is some of what the Payroll Manager should bring:
- 5+ years of experience processing weekly payroll for multiple unions
- Experience working in the performing arts and have a fundamental understanding of and experience with theatrical unions
- Possess excellent analytical skills, be highly organized and self-motivated
- High degree of accuracy, excellent attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Excel and Word
- Extensive experience working with payroll systems, knowledge of ADP Workforce Now preferred
The salary range for this role is $80,000-$90,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Some weekend/holiday work may be required.
Competitive benefits package offered.
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word format with salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org – and use code PM1021 in the subject line. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey.Take Survey
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Read about Roundabout’s social justice process HERE.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.