The Roundabout Theatre Company seeks a Senior Manager, Analytics and Operations, to oversee and manage the reporting and operations for the Sales & Analytics department. Working closely with the Director of Sales & Analytics and the Senior Manager, Business Applications, they provide leadership and oversight to the data integrity and output of an organization producing and presenting four to nine shows per year in five venues (three Broadway, one off-Broadway, and one off-off-Broadway).
This individual should demonstrate a sound knowledge of Tessitura, including experience with Tessitura Analytics. In addition, the ability to supervise and guide staff will be essential to success in this position.
In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Business Applications, oversees management of all Sales & Analytics department tasks and Criterion Ticketing business.
This is some of what the Senior Manager, Analytics & Operations will do:
- Generating daily financial wraps
- Reconciling weekly third-party sales
- Creating scheduled and ad hoc reports.
- Building and maintaining bespoke analysis tools
- Providing annual and ad hoc audience data analysis
- Reviewing Marketing and Audience Services data extraction and segmentation plans for mass mailings and multi-segment emails.
- Monitoring and managing inventory and sales.
- Assessing drafts of production schedules, pricing, and report structures.
- Training box office treasurers and Criterion clients on reporting capabilities and best use of the CRM.
- Consulting on the use of Tessitura CRM organization-wide to ensure optimal operational efficiency and data cleanliness.
- Working directly with the Tessitura Network to develop and maintain custom reports and CRM functionality.
- Supporting executive inquiry and strategy with data visualizations, forecasting, and historical analysis.
- Consults on website and app development.
- Develops creative data-driven solutions for both complex and historically analog challenges.
This is some of what the Senior Manager, Analytics & Operations should bring:
Education & Experience:
- Extensive experience with Tessitura or similar CRM systems, including Tessitura Analytics, or Sisense.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proven leadership and communication abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, maintain composure under pressure, and guide other staff members.
- Exceptional project management skills
- Practices thoughtful resource allocation in planning, assignment, and managing new projects.
- Has a critically sharp eye for detail and data incongruities.
- Surfaces errors in a manner that supports essential feedback loops.
- Maintains a deep familiarity with Tessitura operational standards and functionality.
- Identifies opportunities for growth and improvement in API integrations, sales partnerships, policies, practices, procedures, and analysis.
- Communicates any changes in expectations, business rules, or operational guidelines through meetings, emails, and screen recording sessions.
- Acts as a sounding board for ideas, new BI tools, and evolving business practices.
This is a full-time position with all standard Roundabout benefits. The salary is $70,000–$80,000 annually. This position is exempt from overtime pay.
Please forward cover letter in PDF or Word format and resume to: email@example.com and use code SMAO-0923 in the subject line. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, please indicate in your email. No phone calls please.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click the link below to access the survey.
Roundabout celebrates the power of theatre by spotlighting classics from the past, cultivating new works of the present and educating minds for the future.
Read more about Roundabout’s work, culture, and commitment to the future at https://www.roundabouttheatre.org/about/
As a theatre company and a long-standing member of many communities, Roundabout believes in the importance of words, the impact of action, and the healing capacity of shared stories. Roundabout has created a five-year strategic plan to evaluate and evolve how we address Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism in our work, workplaces, and our community. Conceived by a team of 29 staff members in collaboration with the Board EDI Committee following a company-wide assessment in October 2019, the plan was launched in September 2021. Learn more HERE.
To this end, Roundabout Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to represent individuals from all walks of life in its workforce. We want our employment community to be a representation of the diverse world we live in. As such, we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply, and we ensure that every candidate who applies for a position at Roundabout Theatre Company is treated equally and fairly without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status and any other factor prohibited by law. We believe diversity in our teammates is paramount to our success as a not-for-profit theatre serving all communities in New York.