What is HIPTIX?
It's about experiencing the thrill of live theatre with people like you.
What is HIPTIX®?
Hiptix is Roundabout's low-price ticket program for theatregoers 18–35. It's free to join and gets you $20–25 tickets to all Roundabout shows, plus invites to great parties.
- You have to be 18–35 to join.
- All tickets are $20–25*. You can purchase 2 tickets for each production with your Hiptix membership and your guest can be any age. Want to go with more friends? See below for details on how to link your Hiptix memberships.
- We host a Hiptix night for each of our productions. See below for dates.
- You can buy tickets in advance—in fact, we even reserve 10–40 tickets at every performance just for Hiptix members.
- You'll also get insider information about Roundabout productions.
- Hiptix tickets are typically in the mezzanine, but upgrade to Hiptix Gold to get orchestra seats.
- There is absolutely no obligation to purchase tickets.
- All Hiptix members automatically receive a free subscription to Time Out New York, regardless of ticket purchases. If you do not wish to receive the magazine, please call Audience Services at 212.719.1300.
Hiptix tickets for Cabaret
are currently on sale for performances through March 29, 2015. The $25 tickets are sold out through the end of August 2014, with best availability for Wednesday matinees thereafter. Current members who already purchased Hiptix to Cabaret
are also eligible to purchase two $25 tickets during the 2014–2015 season by joining Hiptix Gold.
*Hiptix tickets to Roundabout Underground productions are $20. Hiptix tickets for all Broadway and off-Broadway productions are $25 (includes a $2 facility fee). Hiptix tickets are not subject to additional fees, but all sales are final and there are no refunds or exchanges. The Hiptix offer cannot be combined with any other discounts and is not applicable to previously purchased tickets.
HOW TO RESERVE HIPTIX TICKETS
- Choose the show you want to see.
- Enter appeal code Hiptix. You may book a maximum of two tickets online.
- You tickets will be held at the Box Office. The Box Office will confirm the ticket purchaser is 18–35 years of age, so please be ready to show proof of age.
Call 212.719.1300 to book your Hiptix tickets by phone. Be sure to say that you are calling to book Hiptix. If you want to see a show with friends, you can link your accounts. The best way to purchase tickets with linked accounts is to order by phone.
AT THE BOX OFFICE
Visit the Studio 54, American Airlines Theatre, Stephen Sondheim Theatre or Harold and Miriam Steinberg Center for Theatre Box Office and mention you are a Hiptix member.
Post-show receptions with cocktails and snacks will be held following these evening performances:
9/16/14 – Indian Ink
10/21/14 – The Real Thing
1/16/15 – Into the Woods
2/19/15 – Little Children Dream of God*
3/18/15 – On the Twentieth Century
*Tickets for Little Children Dream of God will go on sale in Fall 2014.
LINKING HIPTIX ACCOUNTS
Want to go to the theatre with your friends? You can link accounts by calling Audience Services at 212.719.1300. You will need to have the exact names of all the Hiptix members with whom you want to link. Once your account is linked, any of your group members may purchase tickets on behalf of your group, and you'll be able to sit together. Linking your account doesn't obligate you to purchase tickets as a group or with the same person all of the time, but it's a convenient way to set up your membership if you would like the flexibility of having your friend book tickets for you or vice versa. Phone reservations require a major credit card—for linked accounts, this cost can be split among several cards, if necessary.
This program is supported, in part, by funds from Bank of America and Theater Subdistrict Council, LDC.
Photo above by Elizabeth Leitzell.