For Sold Out performances, up to 10 Standby tickets will be made available for purchase the day of the performance at the Steinberg Center beginning when the box office opens (12 pm). Purchasers of Standby tickets will be seated at curtain in designated locations as determined by House Management. Parties in the Standby line who have purchased Standby tickets but are not seated will be eligible for a full refund (see Standby Rules and Restrictions for additional details).
All Standby purchasers must be in the Standby line in the designated area of the Underground theatre lobby 10 minutes prior to the curtain time printed on your ticket and will be seated based on purchase order - as determined by the number indicated on your ticket. If seating is available, you will be seated at curtain time in designated locations by House Management. Please alert the box office at the time of your purchase if you have any accessibility needs.
Please Note: There is no late seating for Underground productions and the show begins promptly. If you arrive after the designated performance time you will not be admitted.
Terms and Conditions
• Standby purchases are only available the day of the performance at the box office.
• There is a maximum purchase of one (1) Standby ticket per person.
• We cannot guarantee that Standby purchasers will be seated together and no refunds will be offered in this situation.
• Standby purchasers who are not in the Standby line when the seating process is started will forfeit their purchase order number and be moved to the end of the line. If this occurs and seating is not available, you will be eligible for a refund.
• Standby purchasers not on premises at the designated curtain time will not be eligible for a refund regardless of seating availability.
• Reasonable accommodations will be made if an accessible location is required; however, there is no guarantee of seating with the purchase of a Standby ticket.
Standby purchasers on premises at curtain time are eligible for a full refund if seats are not available. No refunds will be issued in any other circumstances. Your unfulfilled Standby ticket may be given to a designated usher to be turned into the box office for processing later in the evening. Alternately, you may wait to have your refund processed as box office personnel are available. Purchasers who paid with cash MUST see a box office representative to receive a refund.
Please allow 2-3 business days for the refund to post to your credit card. Contact our Audience Services team at 212.719.1300 or AudienceServices@roundabouttheatre.org with any questions.