Studio 54 was originally built as the Gallo Opera House in 1927 and transformed into the New Yorker Theatre in 1930.
CBS purchased the space in 1942 and made it the home of renowned television shows like "The Johnny Carson Show." CBS sold the space in the late 1970s, and the new owners transformed the space into the most legendary nightclub of the disco-era, Studio 54. The club closed in 1986 and became a venue for rock concerts until it eventually closed completely in the late 1980s. The space remained vacant until 1998, when Roundabout moved its landmark production of Cabaret into the neglected theatre-turned-studio-turned-nightclub. Today, Studio 54 is a permanent home for Roundabout Theatre Company.
Photography and recording devices of any kind inside the theatre are strictly prohibited by law. Please turn off all electronic devices when entering Studio 54.
Box Office Hours
Arriving By Subway
CE1 to 50th Street.
NRQW to 57th Street.
BDE to 4nd St. and 6th Ave.
Arriving By Bus
M27 bus line runs cross-town on 49th/50th Streets, and then south on 7th Avenue and north on 8th Avenue.
M50 buses run cross-town via 49th and 50th Streets
M31 and M57 buses run cross-town on 57th Street
M10 and M20 buses head north on 8th Avenue and south on 7th Avenue. The bus lines run south on Broadway and onto 7th Avenue at 44th Street.
M20 bus provides local service between Lincoln Center and Battery Park, and the M104 bus provides local service between Harlem and Murray Hill via Broadway and 42nd Street.
Lost & Found
Lost & Found is located in the theatre manager's office. Please see any house staff member for assistance, or phone 212.719.9393.