- Why is it sometimes hard to ask a loved one help or advice? Have you ever known someone in your life was right, but still didn’t follow their advice? Why?
- A flashback is a moment of a character’s memory or a past moment in time. In what ways can a flashback in a narrative influence the audience’s perception of the character?
- In what ways can a negative experience with one friend or partner affect relationships with other friends and family?"
- What does the title of the play, the bandaged place, make you think or feel? What do you picture?
- What moments in the play stood out or affected you? Why? Were you surprised by your reaction? What design elements (set, light, costume) helped you understand if the action on stage was a flashback?
- How did the characters’ choreographed movements impact the storytelling of the play?
- The play’s title is from a quote by Rumi that says, “don’t turn away, keep looking at the bandaged place, that’s where the light enters you.” What do you think Rumi means? How does that connect to the story of the play?
Upstage GuideReturn to the Table of Contents and learn more.
the bandaged place Upstage Playgoer's Guide