- What is “second person”? Can you think of any examples? How does reading something in second person affect you as a reader?
- The article “The Experience of Having a Body” states “It is noteworthy that disability and chronic illness are the only marginalized identity groups that anyone can join at any point in their lifetime.” What does that mean to you? How does it make you feel?
- Have you ever been asked to do a big favor for someone? What was your immediate reaction? Did you do it? How would your reaction change if the person asking was a stranger offering to pay you for doing the favor?
- How did the magical or unrealistic elements of the show affect you as an audience member? What purpose did they serve in the storytelling?
- Describe the relationship between Actor 1 and Callan? What is familiar about it? What is surprising? Does it change throughout the show? How?
- How did you interpret the ending of the play? Did you predict this ending? Were you surprised? What do you think the playwright, Noah Diaz, wanted you to take away from the play? Did the ending support that message?
Upstage GuideReturn to the Table of Contents and learn more.
You Will Get Sick Upstage Playgoer's Guide