2023-24 Application For
ROUNDABOUT DIRECTING FELLOWSHIP
LEON LEVY FOUNDATION ROUNDABOUT DIRECTORS GROUP (COHORT 5)
All materials are due by March 16, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET.
An online Information Session about both programs will be held on Monday, February 13, 2023 from 5-6pm ET. To register, please click here.
Applicants for the Fellowship will be notified by May 8, 2023 if they are moving forward to an interview round.
Applicants for RDG will be notified by May 26, 2023 if they are moving forward to an interview round.
Fellow offers will be made no later than June 2, 2023.
RDG Cohort offers will be made no later than June 20, 2023.
Please send the materials in the order listed below as a single PDF, whether you are applying for one or both of the programs. The file should be saved with your last name and first name as the file name (i.e. LastFirst.pdf)
All materials must be submitted to: DirectingPrograms@roundabouttheatre.org.
Please include your first and last name in the Subject Line of the email. In the body of the email, please write one of the following:
- DIRECTING FELLOWSHIP ONLY
- RDG ONLY
- BOTH PROGRAMS
All Applicants Must Include:
1. Resume: A current resume outlining your professional experience as a director. Please list education, training, and any additional relevant experience (administrative, etc.). Two pages maximum.
2. Personal Statement: Please submit a personal statement of up to 500 words describing who you are as a director, what kind of theatre you seek to make, and why. Tell us what excites you about the American theatre, what makes your voice and approach unique, and why you are moved to make theatre now.
3. References: Please provide the following information for TWO references:
- Phone Number
- Relationship to you
IF YOU ARE APPLYING TO THE FELLOWSHIP, PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE:
A) Work Sample: A work sample detailing a project you recently worked on, a project you are currently developing, or a project you’d be excited about having the opportunity to develop. Your work sample should take the format of one of the following two options:
- Submit up to 4 minutes of video + 250 words
- Submit up to 6-8 research or production images + 400 words
We ask that video samples be shared via YouTube, Vimeo, or Dropbox links. Photos should be via a Dropbox link or embedded in the PDF. We will not accept videos or photos individually attached to the email.
IF YOU ARE APPLYING TO RDG, PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE:
B) Essay Response: Please respond to the following prompt in 350 words or less:
A major value of RDG is peer-to-peer mentorship and lateral community support. Based on your experiences, what kind of support might you be excited and well-positioned to offer your peers? What sort of support or insight are you looking to gain from others in the group?
If you are applying to both the Fellowship and RDG, please include both a work sample AND an essay response.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please email email@example.com.
As part of our application process, we ask that candidates consider completing a survey. This is voluntary and survey information will be anonymous and kept separate from application materials. Click on the link below to access the survey and include code DF0122.